Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Paperwork

It was with great excitement that I tracked the progress of our nulla osta across the Altantic. They began from Rome, transited through Koeln, Germany and entered the US in Philadelphia. From there it was on to Windsor Locks, CT and then up to Springfield where they arrived yesterday. Unfortunately, Amy opened the package only to find that they had made a mistake on her city of birth on her paperwork. My paperwork is apparently OK although I am traveling for the US Physics Team and have yet to see it myself. Apparently they listed Derby, CT (my birthplace) for both of us. Amy was born in Putnam. We let them know at SYA-Italy and are waiting to hear what must be done to straighten things out. It is entirely possible that the entire process must be started over again for Amy. At least my paperwork was correct. Amy is a bit disappointed, to say the least, but bumps in the road like this must be expected when dealing with any governmental entity, Italian or otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment