Monday, November 26, 2012

Apologies

It’s interesting how time flows and how habits can be broken. I was in the habit of reporting here, from the routine and mundane to the exciting and unbelievable. Then I stopped. It just didn’t seem like there was anything to say. That wasn’t true. Many things were happening.

  • We had a six day visit from our friend Jonathan Berken who helped us see all of the familiar places around us through a fresh set of eyes. He also presented his graduate work on second language acquisition to the faculty and students.
  • We took another school day trip, this time to Ostia Antica.
  • We suffered the loss back in the states of our boy, Mr. Squeaky Biscuits and just a few days ago my Uncle Dan.
  • I had more work done on my teeth, again.
  • We had a new fruit store open near us and an old bar close.
  • The weather turned bad, good, bad and then good again.
  • We harvested olives with our resident director, Pat.
  • Oh yeah, and we did our jobs teaching and advising many students.

Of course, there was much more as well. Life was happening here and I didn’t tell people about it. My apologies! I will try not to let it happen again

No comments:

Post a Comment