Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

A family tradition was broken this year. My Grandfather Teveliet was born on Christmas Eve, 120 years ago. Beginning in 1992 on what would have been his 100th birthday, my siblings and I gathered with my mother every 5 years to celebrate. This year, since I am in Italy, that was difficult. However, my youngest sister, Emily, and her partner, Max, decided to come and visit us. They arrived on Christmas Eve and we met them at the airport. Amy and I were unable to get our act together last week to marinate the sauerbraten, so we postponed our traditional German meal for one day until Christmas Day itself.

Today, following a circumnavigation of Lago di Bolsena, we served up a late afternoon meal of spaetzle casserole,


gravy,


sauerbraten,


and sauerkraut.


Happy birthday Grandpa Teveliet!


No comments:

Post a Comment